They say cats have nine lives, but hopefully they will have just one owner within those lifetimes. Unfortunately, this is not always the case which is why Cats Protection, as a whole, rehomes and reunites around 46,000 cats and kittens each year across the UK.
At Cats Protection Brighton and District, we are looking to rehome our third cat, pretty Diesel (pictured below) with lots more to follow.
Diesel is currently up for adoption
There are hundreds of reasons for rehoming a cat. Below, we have outlined a few of the best, so you might consider owning a rescue a cat rather than buying one:
1. Adopting a cat gives a homeless cat a forever home, ensuring they are no longer in cat care or living on the streets without food and a somewhere warm to rest and relax
2. They are not called rescue cats for no reason. By rehoming a cat you are saving its life, giving it a second chance, while also creating space for us to rescue other homeless cats
3. You get a warm feeling from rehoming a cat that you won’t get from buying one. Cats in need of a home want nothing more than an owner, a best friend, who will love and care for them for the rest of their lives – that could be you
4. When you adopt you get a healthy pet. We ensure our cats are as fit as a fiddle before they are rehomed, which includes ensuring their jabs are up to date
5. You can be sure you are not supporting irresponsible cat and kitten breeders and sellers
6. A rescue cat can be just as carefree as a brand new kitten or cat. Many people may assume rescue cats have been given away due to behavioural issues but actually, many cats are put into care due to a change in the owner’s lifestyle and they can no longer look after the pet
7. Rescued cats offer you fantastic companionship and thrive under loving, care and cuddles. A cat that is given a routine, a consistent home and lots of love will grow in confidence and purrr to their heart’s content
8. Adopting a cat can be a more affordable option, as you usually just pay a small donation to us, so we can keep on helping more cats in need
9. We have both your best interests at heart and will match you up with the cat that will suit your needs and your lifestyle
10. We can help you with the cost of neutering your cat and we provide you with guidance and information to help you care for your cat
11. And finally, the most obvious one, rescue cats are simply adorable!
If you would like to rehome a cat please visit our website where you can find out more about Diesel. Watch this space as there will be more kitties coming soon.
Cats Protection Brighton & District turns one this month and to celebrate, we have launched a cat selfie competition. Visit our Facebook page to find out how you can enter.